Charity Window Cleaning Questions & Answers
Charity Window Cleaning often gets asked questions about what we do. Here are some of the answers to the window cleaning questions that we have encountered:
- What are the terms of Charity Window Cleaning’s 60-day Guarantee?
For the first 30 days, their guarantee is pretty much unconditional. They guarantee if your windows for any reason get dirty: whether it be from the weather, a bird bombs it, the pest control guy comes out and sprays your windows, or the kids in the neighborhood just had a water balloon fight and they mess up your windows and destroying your beautiful view of the mountains. Just call Charity Window Cleaning in the first 30 days, and they’ll come back and touch up your windows for free.
There are 2 exceptions: Sprinklers & Mud on basement windows.
The backend 30 days of this guarantee is only a weather guarantee and it’s half price. This gives you a total of 60 days of clean windows guaranteed. Very simple and upfront.
- How do I use Charity Window Cleaning’s 60-day guarantee?
All you have to do is call Charity Window Cleaning to schedule a warranty cleaning.
- What is a pane of glass?
For example: If you have a window that opens by sliding side to side and there are two pieces of glass in that one window, then you have two panes of glass. If you have a glass archway above that window that would be a third piece of glass, which would then be a total of three glass panes. Sometimes you will only have a big picture pane window that does not open and that one window would only be one pane of glass. No matter how big or small it is only one pane of glass.
So the short answer is, each piece of glass within each window is a pane of glass.
- How does Charity Window Cleaning clean the window tracks?
They don’t just wipe the water out of the tracks. They actually steam-clean your window tracks. They take them out when possible, scrub, vacuum all the dead bugs and dirt out, steam clean the tracks, and lubricate the window rollers.
- Why should I clean my window tracks?
Cleaning your window tracks is important for several reasons:
- Improved functionality: Over time, window tracks can accumulate dirt, dust, grime, and debris. This buildup can hinder the smooth opening and closing of your windows. By cleaning the tracks, you can ensure that your windows operate properly, allowing for easy ventilation and access to fresh air.
- Preventing damage: If window tracks are left uncleaned, the accumulated debris can lead to mechanical issues and damage. Excessive dirt and grime can cause the window to get stuck or make it difficult to slide. Regular cleaning helps prevent wear and tear on the window components, ensuring they last longer and function optimally.
- Enhancing energy efficiency: Dirty window tracks can compromise the insulation of your windows. When dirt and debris accumulate, it creates gaps and spaces that allow air leakage. This can impact your home’s energy efficiency, as conditioned air can escape, and outside air can enter, leading to increased heating or cooling costs. Cleaning the tracks helps maintain a proper seal and contributes to better energy efficiency.
- Improving indoor air quality: Window tracks are notorious for collecting dust, pollen, pet dander, and other allergens. When you open your windows, these particles can easily find their way into your living spaces, affecting indoor air quality. Regularly cleaning the tracks helps minimize the presence of these allergens and promotes a cleaner, healthier environment inside your home.
- Aesthetics and cleanliness: Clean window tracks contribute to your windows’ overall cleanliness and appearance. Accumulated dirt and grime can make your windows look unsightly and dull. By keeping the tracks clean, you maintain a neat and visually appealing window area, enhancing the overall aesthetic appeal of your home.
Overall, cleaning your window tracks ensures smooth window operation and helps preserve the condition of your windows, improves energy efficiency, promotes better indoor air quality, and enhances the overall cleanliness and appearance of your living spaces.
- Why do my windows stay clean 3 times longer with Charity Window Cleaning?
Traditional window cleaners use soap (Dawn Dish Detergent) in their solution to clean your windows. This soap attracts dirt faster, making your windows look dirty. Charity Window Cleaning does not use soap, and they rinse away the soap other cleaners use, keeping your windows cleaner 3X longer. They back up their process with a 60-day window cleaning guarantee.
- Why is the pricing easier with Charity Window Cleaning?
They don’t spring add-on pricing on you after the invoice is made. They have flat pricing that lets you get your quote and schedule all online, then just sit back and relax and let them take care of your windows.
- Explain Charity Window Cleaning’s trusted expertise.
Their team of experienced technicians are trained in the latest window washing techniques and uses professional-grade equipment to ensure the best results for your windows, whether it’s for your home or business.
- Explain Charity Window Cleaner’s Superior Technology.
They use M3 Cleaning Technology, the most eco-friendly cleaning process that is safe for your windows, your property, and the environment. Providing a safe and sustainable window-washing solution for both residential and commercial properties. M3 Cleaning Technology keeps your windows clean 3X longer and they back it up with a 60-day guarantee.
- How often should I get my windows professionally cleaned?
Charity Window Cleaning recommends cleaning your exterior windows quarterly, and your interior windows and tracks at least once a year.
- Can Charity Window Cleaning clean my highest windows?
Charity Window Cleaning can clean windows as high as 4 and 5 stories high with our window cleaning system.
- How long does Charity Window Cleaning take to clean windows for an average-sized house?
Depending on the package you choose for your window cleaning service and the number of panes you have in your home will determine how long it will take for Charity Window Cleaning to clean your windows. Charity Window Cleaning has crews of 2 people, so each crew can clean at the following rates: For our Legendary package they can clean 10-13 panes per hour, Deluxe package they can clean 20-25 panes per hour, and for their Basic Package, they can clean 45-50 panes per hour. Ladder work and hard water removal could slow down their crews, but these numbers are accurate on average.
- Does Charity Window Cleaning clean the interior and exterior windows?
- Why does Charity Window Cleaning price per pane instead of per window?
Charity window cleaning (or any professional window cleaning service) often prices their services based on the number of panes rather than the number of windows for several reasons:
- Consistency: The number of windows in a house can vary significantly. Some houses have large windows, while others have multiple smaller ones. Pricing per window would be less consistent and predictable, making it challenging for both the service provider and the customer to estimate costs accurately.
- Accuracy: Pricing per pane allows for a more precise estimate of the work involved. Panes are a standard measurement unit for window cleaning, making it easier to determine the actual scope of the job.
- Transparent Pricing: Pricing per pane is often more transparent for the customer. They can see exactly what they are paying for and can easily calculate the cost by counting the number of panes they want to be cleaned.
- Fairness: Pricing per pane ensures that customers pay for the actual number of glass surfaces that need cleaning. For instance, some windows may have multiple panes within a single frame, and pricing per window could lead to overcharging for these cases.
- Customization: Pricing per pane allows customers to customize their service based on their specific needs. They can choose to clean all or only a portion of the windows, depending on their budget and requirements.
- Simplicity: Pricing per pane simplifies the quoting process for both the service provider and the customer. It eliminates the need to differentiate between different types of windows or the size of the windows.
It’s worth noting that the exact pricing structure can vary from one window cleaning service to another, and some companies may offer additional pricing options, such as by the hour or by square footage, depending on the complexity of the job. However, pricing per pane remains a common and straightforward method for pricing window cleaning services.
- Why should we pressure wash the exterior of our home?
You should pressure wash the exterior of your home for the following reasons:
- Enhanced Curb Appeal: Over time, your home’s exterior can accumulate dirt, grime, mold, mildew, and stains from various sources such as pollution, pollen, and bird droppings. Pressure washing can remove these unsightly elements and restore the clean, fresh look of your home, improving its curb appeal.
- Preventative Maintenance: Regular pressure washing can help prevent long-term damage to your home’s exterior. Mold, mildew, and algae can deteriorate surfaces like siding, and pressure washing can prevent or slow down this process. Removing built-up dirt and debris can also help protect your paint or finish.
- Health and Safety: Mold, mildew, and algae can not only damage your home but also pose health risks. Pressure washing can remove these potential health hazards, creating a safer environment for your family.
- Prolong the Lifespan of Surfaces: Pressure washing can extend the life of various exterior surfaces, such as siding, decks, and driveways. Regular cleaning can prevent the need for premature replacements or costly repairs.
- Cost-Effective: Pressure washing is a cost-effective method of home maintenance. It’s typically more affordable than replacing or repainting surfaces and can increase the value of your home.
- Environmental Benefits: Cleaning your home’s exterior with pressure washing is a more environmentally friendly option compared to using harsh chemicals. It relies on the force of water to remove dirt and grime, which reduces the use of potentially harmful chemicals.
- Prep for Painting or Staining: If you plan to paint or stain the exterior of your home, pressure washing is an essential step. It helps create a clean, smooth surface for better paint or stain adherence.
- Improved Air Quality: A cleaner exterior can result in improved air quality around your home. Removing dirt, dust, and allergens can lead to a healthier living environment.
When using a pressure washer, it’s essential to use the appropriate pressure setting and technique for each surface to avoid damage. It’s often a good idea to hire a professional for this task, especially if you’re not experienced with pressure washing equipment, as using too much pressure or the wrong technique can harm your home’s surfaces.
- How do I know if there is oxidation on the exterior of my home?
Oxidation on the exterior of your home typically occurs on metal surfaces, such as aluminum siding or metal roofing, and manifests as a chalky, powdery residue. Here’s how to identify if there is oxidation on these surfaces:
- Appearance: Oxidation often appears as a chalky, white or powdery substance on the surface of the metal. It may give the surface a dull or faded look.
- Rubbing Test: Gently rub your finger or a cloth across the surface. If a white or chalky residue comes off on your finger or cloth, it’s likely a sign of oxidation.
- Loss of Shine: Oxidation can cause metal surfaces to lose their shine or luster, making them appear dull and faded.
- Discoloration: Oxidation can sometimes result in discoloration, with affected areas appearing white or grayish compared to the rest of the surface.
- Peeling or Flaking Paint: If your home’s metal surfaces are painted, oxidation can cause the paint to peel or flake as it loses adhesion to the metal underneath.
- Rough Texture: Oxidation can make the surface feel rough or uneven to the touch.
If you suspect oxidation on the exterior of your home, it’s important to address it promptly to prevent further damage. Oxidation occurs when the protective coating on the metal breaks down due to exposure to the elements. To address oxidation, you can consider the following steps:
- Cleaning: Begin by cleaning the affected area with a mild detergent and water to remove loose oxidation and dirt. Rinse thoroughly.
- Light Abrasion: For mild cases of oxidation, you can use a non-abrasive scrub pad or cloth to gently remove the chalky residue.
- Repainting or Refinishing: If the oxidation has caused paint to peel or flake, you may need to repaint or refinish the affected metal surface. Be sure to use appropriate primers and paints suitable for metal surfaces.
- Protective Coatings: To prevent future oxidation, consider applying a protective coating or sealant designed for metal surfaces. This can help shield the metal from moisture and air, reducing the risk of further oxidation.
If the oxidation is extensive or you’re unsure how to handle it, it’s a good idea to consult with a professional contractor or painter experienced in dealing with oxidized metal surfaces. They can assess the damage and recommend the best course of action for restoring and protecting the affected areas.
- Why is Charity Window Cleaning named Charity?
Modern day people would have you believe that Charity means to give your time or money to a worthy cause or to the poor, however, the scripture says it best … “And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.” This teaches us that Charity has nothing to do with donating our time or money to the poor, but rather is what starts in us.
Charity is not what we do with our time or money, but how we go about our business … read more about our name here.